Mangaluru, Nov 16,2016 : A scrap shop was destroyed in a fire that broke out on the night of November 15, Tuesday. It is suspected that some miscreants might have deliberately set the shop on fire.
Though locals who noticed the fire rushed to extinguish the same, the shop was reduced to ashes by then. It has been gathered that most of the scrap materials in the shop had already been disposed of by the owner.
Meanwhile, it has been gathered that the shop was functioning without any licence and had no electricity connection. Therefore the possibility of a short circuit is ruled out.
The fire tender vehicle which rushed to the spot ensured that the fire did not spread to other places