mangalore today
name
name
name
Sunday, December 15
namenamename

 

Patla Sathish Shetty to file defamation case against Mela

Patla Sathish Shetty to file defamation case against Mela


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangaluru , Nov 26, 2019:   Yakshagana Bhagavatha Patla Sathish Shetty, who was dropped from the Kateel Sri Durgaparameshwari Prasaditha Yakshagana Mandali, has said that he would file a defamation case against the troupe convener and team.  “I will knock on the doors of the high court too, ” he said, to fight against Kalladi Deviprasad Shetty, convener of the Mandali, popularly known as Kateel Mela.

 

 

sathish patla2...


“For questioning acts of atrocity on co-artistes in the Mela, I was humiliated on the stage during a performance of the Mela, on November 22. I have submitted a complaint to the DK DC, superintendent of police and district in-charge minister Kota Srinivas Poojari,” he said.

“I have been with the Kateel Mela for 19 years. Considering it a service to Goddess Durgaparameshwari of Kateel, I had not left the Mela in spite of getting offers from other Melas. Now I have been insulted on the stage, which is equivalent of death. No artiste should undergo such an insult,” Patla said and added, “I am ready to serve the Kateel Mela if given an opportunity.”

He clarified, “They mela leaders have not even revealed what mistakes were committed by me. I have not violated any rule or regulation of the Mela. All the allegations of indiscipline made by Kalladi Deviprasad Shetty against me are fabricated.”

’Not informed’

Speaking further, Patla said, “I was not informed in writing or orally of my non-inclusion in the Mela before I entered the stage for the performance. Even the senior Bhagavatha of the first Kateel Mela was not aware of my name being dropped as it was he who gave me the instrument and book for the performance.”

He said that there has been an increase in atrocities on artistes of the Kateel Mela since 2017. “When I spoke up for the artistes who had been removed from the Mela, allegations were leveled against me. Those who sought justice were permanently removed from the Mela. The incident of insulting me on the stage is a continued version,” he added.

Patla also said, “In the last 19 years, I had not placed demands but have followed all the orders of Deviprasad Shetty. I am ready for a truth test to prove that the allegations made by him and Harinarayana Asranna of the management committee are false.”

He suggested that the Mela be taken over by the Muzrai Department to prevent atrocities against artistes. “Deviprasad Shetty’s son-in-law Supreeth Rai is responsible for all the unhealthy development in the Mela,” he alleged.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above