Mangaluru, Dec 28, 2014: With a view to ensure maintenance of law, order and peace during New Year celebrations, the City Police Commissioner has issued certain guidelines to the general public as well as hotels, restaurants, clubs, resorts and other reorganisations.
1. All hotels, restaurant, clubs, resorts and other organisations organising new year get-togethers (within their premises only) will close the programme by 12.30 am.
2. Restaurants and other hotels which supply liquor to customers will have to secure written permission from the Excise Department if they want to remain open for additional time exceeding their normal time limits. A copy of the permission letter should be submitted to the local police station.
3. Despite securing permission, such hotels and restaurants too should close their programmes by 12.30 am.
4. Smoking and taking alcohol is banned in public places including bus stands, public parks, sports grounds, railway stations where New Year programmes are organised.
5. Permission has to be secured from authorities before holding New Year programmes in public places. Here too the programmes should end by 12.30 am.
6. Youngsters including students should not misbehave in any way on roads on the night of December 31 on the pretext of New Year celebrations. Action will follow against those violating this rule.
7. All hotels, restaurants, clubs, resorts and other organisations arranging New year eve parties should apply to the City Police Commissioner’s office and secure permission for the celebrations and also to fit sound systems. The applications have to be submitted before 4 pm on December 31. The celebrations must be held inside their respective premises and the sound system should be kept at a low volume. The organisers of the programme must ensure that there is no untoward incident.
10. Holding obscene and semi-nude dances or gambling on the pretext of cultural programmes is banned. An action force has also been formed to prevent harassment of women on the pretext of wishing them.
11. Also no one should harass passersby on New Year eve on the pretext of wishing.
12. A Rapid Action Force comprising traffic police and experts has been formed to keep an eye on those resorting to driving after drinking.
13. No wheeling, drag race, using of ear shattering horns will be allowed. The Rapid Action Force will take action.
14. Consuming alcohol and obscene behaviour is also banned in beaches.
15. People must refrain from misbehaving with women in students hostels, working women’s hostels on the pretext of wishing and also against hurling liquor bottles inside compounds.
16. Even bursting fire works in a manner that disturbs public is banned.
17. In case of any law and order problem at any place, then the organisers of the programme will be held responsible. The organisers should also take all measures for emergency aids lie fire fighting equipment, ambulance etc.