Suratkal: August 13, 2015: Mescom worker who climbed an electric pole to restore power supply, died of electrocution near Suratkal on Thursday, August 13.
The deceased has been identified as Devaraj Achari (40). a resident of Brahmawar in Udupi.
According to the sources, Devaraj had gone to Hosabettu to attend a complaint. He had climbed an electric pole to restore power area. Devraj slipped and accidentally came in contact with a high tension wire and died on the spot.
Devraj was working at Mescom since 15 years and used to regularly attend to complaints.
It is learnt that Devraj was not using Safety gears while climbing the pole.
A case has been registered at local police station.