Udupi, April 17, 2020: A car which was ferrying a patient to a hospital was gutted in an accidental fire near the Tiger Circle at Manipal on April 17, Friday morning. Luckily no one was hurt in the mishap.
A resident of Garadi Road area of Udupi was taking a patient to a hospital in his Swift Dzire car when a spark in the car engine engulfed the entire car. However, before this could happen, the person driving the car had succeeded in coming out and also taking the patient out to safety. Fire tender vehicles rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
The 2017 model car value has been estimated at a Rs 7 lakhs.