Mangaluru, July 18, 2015: It has been reported that State Drugs Controller Raghurama Bhandary has warned chemists, wholesalers, doctors, hospitals and nursing homes not to stock, sell or use the following drugs and in case, they hold any stock, they have to intimate the area Drugs Inspector or Assistant Drugs Controller concerned immediately.
The members of the public too have been warned not to use the drugs, as the Government Analyst, Karnataka, has opined that the following drugs are not of standard quality.
1. Paracetamol Tablets, IP (Pararix 650 Tablets), Batch No GT-741, Manufactured by Zee Laboratories Ltd., Industrial Area, Paonta Sahib-173025;
2. Agarol Emulsion, Batch No. 420-091030, manufactured by Pifzer Limited, MIDC, Pune;
3. Livozin (Levocetrizine Hydrochloride Tablets, IP Batch No. MT-13L23, manufactured by Martin & Brown Bio Sciencess, K.No.918/419, District Solan;
4. Povidone-Iodine Solution IP 5% Batch No. Q11, manufactured by Medismith Pharma Lab, No. 4/30, Ist Main, A Cross, Kuvempunagar, Mysore Road, Bengaluru-26;
5. Vomion Syrup- Ondaetron Hydrochloride Oral Solution IP Batch No. IPV 131201, manufactured by Embiotic Laboratories (P) Ltd., Plot NO. 8, Ist Floor, Prasanthnagar, Hyderabad;
6. Verol 650, DT (Dispersible Paracetamol Tablets B.P. Batch No.VRL 103, manufactured by Embiotic Laboratories (P),Ltd., 20C, Kumbalgodu Industrial Area, B’luru-74 (India);
7. Cefadroxil Dispersible Tablets 125mg, Batch No. CFK80, manufactured by Mahendra Labs Pvt.Ltd., 371 & 372, Peenya Industrial Area, Bengaluru.