mangalore today
name
name
name
Friday, November 15
Whitestonenamename

 

KSRTC Volvo bus catches fire

KSRTC Volvo bus catches fire


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangalore, Nov 14, 2011 : A KSRTC Volvo bus, which was parked at the KSRTC Bus Depot in Bejai, caught fire on Nov 13 Sunday at 12:45 p.m., the third fire of its kind in Mangalore


ksrtc1


ksrtc2

Recently, a workshop near Durga Auto Works at Gorigudda was completely destroyed in a fire on Nov 9 Wednesday. Yesterday, two shops in Ullal caught fire and property worth Rs. 50 lakh was destroyed. 

A faulty battery is believed to be the cause of the fire. Since the fire station is just opposite the depot, fire fighting personnel arrived quickly and prevented the fire from spreading to the other KSRTC buses parked nearby. 


Reportedly, the staff had gone for lunch when the incident happened and they came  to know about it only when the fire brigade arrived. 


KSRTC officials say that the loss has not yet been calculated.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above