mangalore today
name
name
name
Tuesday, September 25
Boscossnamename

 

Gas cylinder explosion destroys house near Ullal

Gas cylinder explosion destroys house near Ullal


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangaluru, April 27, 2016 : A  house at Santhyagutu in Kinya near Ullal was gutted in a fire mishap late night on Monday. The house belonged to Ganesh Shetty and  valuables and goods worth nearly Rs 25 lakh has been destroyed in the  explosion.


cylinder explosion


cylinder explosion

 

cylinder explosion 3

 

cylinder explosion 4

 

cylinder explosion 5

 

Luckily, there was no casualty as the family members  had been to attend a religious function when the mishap took place. The neighbours  who heard a loud explosion during night intimated Shetty over phone. However, his house was in flames  by the time he arrived. Though locals tried to put out the fire, it was of no use.  Meanwhile, as the approach road to the house was narrow, there was no way for the fire tender vehicles to reach the spot.

 Local Panchayat Vice President and Gram Panchayat authorities have assured to put in efforts to get funds sanctioned to rebuild the house under the Basava Kalyana Scheme. Ullal Police have registered a case.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Comments on this Article
Vikas R, Belgaum Wed, April-27-2016, 2:12
How sad? The entire house is gutted in fire. We have to look forward for our safety first the turn off the cylinder went we are away and also during night.
Yathish, Udupi Wed, April-27-2016, 1:19
Thank god nobody was harmed in the incident
Sonia, mangaluru Wed, April-27-2016, 1:15
The house is completely destroyed in the cylinder blast . Lucky escape of all as they had been to a get together
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above