Mangaluru, May 27, 2015: Property worth nearly Rs 3 lakh was damaged in a fire that broke out at Kavitha Residency lodge at Urwa Stores on May 26, Tuesday night. The fire was first noticed in the exhaust fan in the kitchen.
As an immediate measure all guests and staff in the hotel were evacuated and the Fire Service Department was summoned. No one was injured in the fire.
According to Fire Service Department officials, the failure of the hotel staff to clean the oil stains in the exhaust air duct had ignited the fire.
Urwa police have registered a case.