mangalore today
name
name
name
Wednesday, June 26
namenamename

 

Farmer, daughter step on live wire, die

Farmer, daughter step on live wire, die


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangaluru, June 13, 2019: A 63-year-old progressive farmer and his 32-year-old daughter were electrocuted after they came in contact with a live wire at Pilimogaru village in Bantwal Rural Police Station limits here on Tuesday.

 

die.


The police said during heavy rain, Gopalakrishna was going to his farm along with his daughter Divya around 6 p.m.

They stepped on the power supply line that had been snapped and died on the spot.

Gopalakrishna’ s wife Girija, who was nearby, screamed and called her family members and other villagers to the spot.

In a complaint, Gopalakrishna’s nephew Purushottam Shetty said despite several requests, the Mangaluru Electricity Supply Company Limited had failed to shift the old electricity line that passed through his uncle’s land. He accused MESCOM of negligence that has led to the death of his two relatives.

The police registered a case under Section 304(A) of the Indian Penal Code.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above