mangalore today
Saturday, March 23


Differences in Nanditha death case mystery in opinions

Differences in Nanditha death case mystery in opinions

Mangalore Today News Network

Thirthahalli, Nov 27, 2014:  The Forensic Science Laboratory has reportedly stated that traces of rat poison were found in the girl’s body specimen sent to the laboratory. But the doctors, who treated her at Jayachamarajendra Hospital in Thirthahalli and at McGann Hospital in Shivamogga, never treated her for poisoning.  The mystery over the death of 14-year-old girl Nanditha in Thirthahalli last month continues with the case taking a new turn.

Nandita death ...The medics who treated Nanditha at McGann Hospital said on the condition of anonymity, “We did not find symptoms of poisoning. There was no history of poisoning. She was treated for fever, low blood pressure and vomiting in Thirthahalli. We too did the same. Neither the girl nor her parents disclosed anything about poison. Generally, consumption of routine poison, such as rat poison or pesticide, leads to irritation, pain, respiratory problem and multi-organ failure. Importantly, one could easily smell the poison. But, in this case, we did not smell any poison.

“When the blood pressure deteriorated despite the treatment, we informed the parents who decided to take her to KMC Hospital, where she died.” According to sources at Jayachamarajendra Hospital, the girl reportedly told the doctor at the time of discharge on October 30 that she was forced to consume poison by a threemember group. But the doctor did not inform his counterparts in Shivamogga after sending her in an ambulance. Besides, astomach wash was not done on the girl, performed in case of poisoning.

But the treatment certificate issued by Kasturba Medical College Hospital in Manipal, on November 3, mentioned the alleged history of poisoning. The report says, “Child Nanditha K B, daughter of Krishnappa, Balebailu, Thirthahalli Taluk, Shivamogga District, with alleged history of suspected abduction and poisoning, was admitted at 12:15 pm on October 31 in PICU (paediatric intensive care unit).” It has also stated that the girl died of cardiac arrest as she was hypotensive. This has made the case more complicated. In the death note, reportedly found by the police, she said: “I am Nanditha. I have come here to commit suicide. Idid not study well. So, I am committing suicide. But my father is a good person. You (younger sister) don’t do like me. You do well in academics. Ihave committed a major blunder. I have consumed poison.” The Forensic Science Laboratory has confirmed that the handwriting in the death note matched with that of the girl’s. This has posed more questions. Did she consume poison at Anandagiri Hill, where she was allegedly kidnapped by the three-member group? Or at her house on the night of October 29? According to the girl’s father, she was forced to consume poison by the three-member group at Anandagiri Hill. The question puzzling the police is that, if this is true, why the girl was not taken to hospital on October 29 itself after knowing about the incident.

Nanditha was taken to Jayachamarajendra Hospital in Thirthahalli in the wee hours of October 30, after she complained of vomiting the previous day night. The girl’s father TG Krishnappa, said, “We never brought rat poison to our home. Though it’s sold in my grocery shop, my children are not aware of it. So, the report that she consumed rat poison is far from truth.”  Further  progress is on reports say.

Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above