Bantwal, June 29, 2015: An 18 year old youth lost his life when lightning struck his mobile charger when he just switched it on at his house at Maindala near Punjalakate on June 27, Saturday night.
The deceased youth is Pradeep, son of Umesh Madivala. The mishap occurred at around 9.30 pm when lightning struck just as Pradeep had switched on his mobile charger. The charger was completely burnt in the mishap. A critically injured Pradeep was rushed to the hospital but he breathed his last there.
Pradeep hailed from an economically backward family and worked for a shamiyana supplying firm at Allipade.
Purandara Hegde, Tahsildar of Bantwal visited the residence of Pradeep.