Mangaluru, Mar 22, 2015: As per a detailed media release, even the passing of one full year, since the headless body of Rohit Radhakrishnan (22) was recovered on the beach road near Tannir Bavi on the morning of March 23, 2014. His parents Dr Sreedevi and advocate Radhakrishnan have not ceased.
There is no peace for them and many near and dear. Dr Sreedevi a pediatrician working at Bahrain at the time, could not bear the loss of her son, is back home at Kuzhikkala Pathanamthitta, with a hospital and his father advocate Radhakrishnan is trying to bury his sorrows in his profession. The loss of their only child is a great torture to them and the lack of solutions to the big question makes things worse. No one is able to give any solution.
The sad part is that, there is no sympathy or action from any source and the official mechanisms take their own course. After discovering the mutilated body on the roadside, the basic action taken by the responsible was to cover-up the incident by trying to write it off as a freak accident! A close relative with the support of the media who made hue and cry to open the case again. The family said that the police was trying to close the case declaring and registering case as an accident. What is the result of enquiries. Where does it stand? No one knows. The attention of the media and public is again and again diverted and the case is obsolete.
Questions raised by the family as per media release:
- Even after one year of the incident why the accident theory could not be established?
- Why the investigators are not looking at the murder angle, when there are glaring evidences pointing to murder.
- Why the autopsy was conducted not by a police surgeon?
- Why embalming was done without the consent of immediate relatives?
- Why the video tape (mandatory) of the autopsy is missing?
- Why the conflicting statements of his friends who were with him till the last moment were (not) investigated further?
- Why the police tried to hush-up the case declaring as a freak accident?
- Why there was a inordinate delay in even declaring a CB CID enquiry?
- What was the outcome of that enquiry even after one year?
- Why they have not questioned the local people who had identified the body and still believe it as a murder?
- Will there be any justice at the end for the devastated parents and the relatives?
The family claims that there was every effort only to prove that the whole episode was an accident. But the team never answered the questions being raised challenging the observation and conclusions made by the police or investigating team. The media release questions that everything should have reasoning, explanation and a scientific rule to justify. Unfortunately, all efforts being made by the investigators are to trying to fabricate evidence to prove that Rohit’s death was due to an accident. There is no faith or believe in the investigation that is in progress. There should be a convincing reply answer for the questions being raised during the death and enquiry process. Knowing the real cause of death is the fundamental right of the kith and kin and the society.