mangalore today
Wednesday, May 27


3 cows charred to death in cattle shed fire at Venur

3 cows charred to death in cattle shed fire at Venur

Mangalore Today News Network

Venur, March 31, 2016 : Three cows were burnt alive while another escaped without any injury when the cattle shed belonging to progressive farmer Vasanth Poojari at Shanthibettu in Gardadi village  caught fire accidentally on the night of March 29, Tuesday. The loss has been estimated at Rs 70,000.

3 cows charred to death

It is learnt, the mishap took place when the farmer along with his wife and children was sleeping in another house owned by him after  a cobra was spotted in his old house. Locals and fire service personnel from Ujire helped in extinguishing the fire.

The lone cow that survived the mishap had once earlier too escaped the jaws of death even after falling into a well.

Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Comments on this Article
Nazir, Ullal Thu, March-31-2016, 1:39
Is there electricity in the cowshed? Usually whenever there us fire the people say its due to short circuit?
Sathish, Bellary Thu, March-31-2016, 1:37
How sad? Three cattle’s burnt completely and nobody aware of it . What might be the reason for fire
Suresh Prabhu, Mangaluru Thu, March-31-2016, 1:30
Oh God! Really pity the animals.
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above